Batting Cage Rules & Regulations
The following ground rules have been established for the batting cage by Newton Baseball Association to ensure the safe and efficient use of the batting cage at our park. These rules must be adhered to at all times.
- The batting cage hours are from 9am to 9pm.
- The batting cage must be booked prior to use and is reserved 1 hour prior to all game times for team warm up.
- Only authorized adults may run the cage. Children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Abusive use and/or damage of the cage will result in immediate removal and loss of privilege.
- While in use, only 1 player permitted per side.
- Approved batting helmets and player protection must be worn at all times.
- ABSOLUTELY NO METAL CLEATS in the batting cage at anytime, closed toe shoes only.
- Pitching machines are for ADULT USE ONLY. Children are not permitted to feed the pitching machines under any circumstance.
- NO unsupervised “practice swinging” is permitted immediately outside or inside the cage area.
- NO foul or abusive language permitted at anytime.
- NO food, drink, gum, tobacco or sunflower seeds allowed inside the batting cage. Plastic water bottles may be used in the warmup area.
- NO alcohol in or around the batting cage.
Please be considerate of others who are using the batting cage or those who are waiting to use the cage; stick to your allotted time.
When finished, please remember to:
- Shut off and unplug pitching machines.
- Put pitching machines and all other equipment away in the equipment container.
- Pick up all balls and return them to the bucket.
- Remove all trash and ensure area is left clean and tidy.
- Sweep the cage
- Turn OFFthe lights and LOCK the door.
FAILURE TO FOLLOW THESE RULES WILL RESULT IN LOSS OF THE CAGE PRIVILEGES
BOOKING THE BATTING CAGES OR FIELDS:
Batting cage booking rules
1. Teams may not book more than two weeks in advance.
2. Teams may not book more than two (2) sessions in any 7-day period.
3. Teams may not book sessions longer than 2 hours (120 min).
4. First come, first serve if the cage is un-booked. Please limit your time to no more than 60 minutes if another team is waiting.
5. Please leave the cage cleaner than it was when you found it.
6. Please notify the Batting Cage Coordinator if there are problems with the
7. Please use the time you have booked.
How to book Newton’s batting cage
1. Check availability on our online calendar Batting Cage Calendar
2. Fill out and submit the online booking form.
3. The cage is considered booked when confirmation is received back, and your booking is posted to the online schedule.
4. Please ensure you book in advance.
For questions or issues with batting cage booking please contact at: